Medical Assistant, Customer Service, Electronic Sales Associate
6418 Major Ave. N. Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
Enter the Medical Assistant position which utilizes my skills in medical terminology, office administration and customer service.
Rehab Consultants Medical Assistant/Biller Eagan, MN 2011-2012
Wal-Mart Client Services Brooklyn Center, MN 2009-Present
Ultra Foods Merchandiser Chicago Heights, IL 2006-2008
Minnesota School of Business Brooklyn Center, MN 12/2011
Medical Assistant Diploma
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Collected blood, tissue or other specimens, logged specimens and prepared for testing; tested blood, recorded results and documented for the physicians to further review.
- Cleaned, sterilized instruments and disposed of contaminated supplies; made it a clean and safe work environment for patients and physicians alike.
- Prepared surgical medication and authorized drug refills; provided prescription information to pharmacies by authorization of the physician.
- Recorded patients’ medical history; documents were edited and used to keep track of all patients visits and illnesses.
- Conferred with customers by telephone or in person, about 15 to 30 people a day; provided information about products and helped with decisions with products.
- Determined charges for services by the physician; make the proper payment arranges for patients including sending bills by mail or calling for over the phone payments.
- Obtained and examined all information regarding complaints; documented complaints and ensured complaints were resolved and client was insured regular quality service.
- Organized promotions of new products; used samples to market new products for sales.
- Answered phone calls and took messages; Messages are noted and given to the corresponding person, answered questions that were in my ability.
- Greeted visitors in a calm and friendly manner; made patients comfortable and recorded their visit, directed them to the right physician and rooms.
- Prepared reports, memos, and incoming and outgoing letters; the reports were given to the physician for review and the letters were read than replied to via return letter or faxes.
- Organized documents and patient records; kept the records in alphabetical order by last name, referred and faxed proper documents to specialists