Server / Bartender
Seeking a position as a Restaurant Server / Bartender where strong skills and expertise in the food and drink serving industry can be employed to provide excellent guest services
Highly knowledgeable of: A highly capable Waitress Server / Bartender with experience at a restaurant functioning as a team to take orders, serve, set and clear tables and dealing with the exchange of bills and money.
Result-driven, quick and passionate individual with 15 years’ experience in providing excellent tier-one services to restaurant / Bar customers. Well versed in greeting patrons, providing them with menus, taking orders and relaying the same to kitchen. Particularly effective in exceeding customers’ expectations, by ensuring professional demeanor and light humor. Proven record of ensuring accuracy and efficiency of orders.
1. Dependable - Reliable, responsible, and dependable, at fulfilling my obligations.
2. Cooperation – I enjoy being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
3. Self Control – Ability to maintain my composure, keeping my emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
4. Stress Tolerance – Able to happily accept criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
5. Concern for Others - Sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful.
6. Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
7. Adaptability/Flexibility – Proven ability at being open to change (positive or negative)
8. Social Orientation - I prefer to work with others, and enjoy being personally connected with others on the job.
9. Independence – I have developed my own ways of doing things, guiding myself with little or no supervision, and confidently can depend on myself to get things done.
10. Initiative – Open and willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
11. Achievement/Effort – I have established and maintained personally, challenging achievements, goals and a willing and constant effort toward mastering tasks.
12. Persistence – I have a strong and able persistence in the face of obstacles.
13. Innovation – Strong ability at creative and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems
14. Leadership – Strong management abilities and willing to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
15. Able to work under pressure
16. Well organized with a keen understanding of maintaining priorities
17. Self-directed with ability to take initiative
18. Excellent communication skills
19. Capable of standing for long hours
Teamwork: Helping the bartender get ice when needed, Severs serve food and drinks. Help when ever able and is needed.
Problem Solving: The variety of problems that arise in the course of a lunch or dinner rush, for example. Many time managers may not be available to take control or offer solutions, so servers(I), bartenders, and support staff (Co-Workers)put our heads together to mastermind some sort of fix that will hold the place together.
Multi-tasking: I may start with four tables and end up with 14. I have the proven successful ability to do many things at once.
People Skills: Ability to develop an excellent rapport with customers.
Conflict Resolution: Ability to calmly handle situations - from employee disputes to customer grievances.
Sales and Promotions: The more you sell, the more you make. Product promotion, cross-sales and up-selling, and I catch on pretty quick.
Cash-Handling: Can count and handle cash with the utmost accuracy, at any time during a shift, estimate within $5 the sales I’ve generated so far and the profits I've made in tips.
Perseverance: Determination, and physical and mental endurance - I never walk off the floor when restaurant gets buried –
Active Listening – I give my full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Judgment and Decision Making – Ability to considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Critical Thinking – I use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Complex Problem Solving – Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Reading Comprehension – Highly knowledgeable in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Active Learning – Able to understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Negotiation – Strong ability to bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
Demori’s Restuarant, Oakdale, MN 2008- 2012
Waitress / Bartender
Demonstrated ability to utilizing suggestive selling techniques
Technical: Expert MS Windows, Internet, MS Office
Demonstrated skills in greeting customers, presenting menus, taking food orders and expediting them through the kitchen
In-depth understanding of serving food and attending to the customers’ need
Able to cash out customers, clear and clean tables and wash dishes
Comprehensive knowledge of cleaning dining rooms and refilling condiment containers
Substantial knowledge of controlling guest checks and securing proper payment
Able to perform general preparation work under the supervision of the restaurant manager
Demonstrated ability to maintain proper condition and sanitation of dining areas and servicing tools
Bussed tables with dishware and flatware
Cleaned tables and changed table cloths
Carried customer orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables
Fill water glasses and offer welcome drinks
Provided customers with checks and took payments
Seat customers as they arrive and provide menu
Assists customers in ordering decisions by providing information on menu items
Serve welcome drinks and take orders
Relay orders to the kitchen and ensure accuracy and speed of order
Deliver orders to customers after ensuring the quality and quantity of food
Serve beverages as requested
Demori’s, Cottage Grove – Waitress / Bartender
Triviski’s, St Paul – Waitress / Bartender
Commercial Club, West St Paul – Bartender (Bartenders Union)
Dukes Bar and Grill, Inver Grove Heights – Waitress / Bartender
Currently: Hennepin Community & Technical College
Ø AAS~~~~IT Systems Networking Administrator & Cisco Administrator
2015 will transfer to U of M – for;
Ø Bachelors~~~~Computer Science & Engineering
ü Continuing my Education and Certifications
References upon request