701 Emerson Ave N #204
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Objective: To obtain full time employment with a company or organization where I can utilize my skills and experience, and gain sufficient knowledge for growth to include advancement opportunities
Irsa INC. Minneapolis, MN 10/12-07/14
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answered telephones, directed calls, and take messages.
- Maintained and updated filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Communicated with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- Opened, sorted, and routed incoming mail, answers correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Compiled, copied, sorted, and filed records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Computed, recorded, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Type, formatted, proofread, and edited correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
- Completed work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
- Reviewed files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
Change Of Style Minneapolis, MN 02/08-07/10
- Received payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issued receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Established or identified prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greeted customers entering establishments.
- Answered customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Sold tickets and other items to customers.
- Processed merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Conferred with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Kept records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolved customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
Sameya Osman’s resume page 2
RAM Collections Mendota Heights, MN 03/06-10/09
- Arranged for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Located and notified customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, to solicit payment.
- Advised customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Persuaded customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
- Conferred with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Located and monitored overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answered customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Recorded information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Sorted and filed correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- Received payment over the phone using credit card or checking accounts.
Ubax Clinic Brussels, Belgium 03/02-10/04
- Followed ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
- Translated messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
- Listened to speakers' statements to determine meanings and to prepare translations, using electronic listening systems as necessary.
- Compiled terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
- Read written materials, such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
- Identified and resolved conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors.
- Checked translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Referred to reference materials, such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks, as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
- Trained and supervised other translators or interpreters.
- Educated students, parents, staff, and teachers about the roles and functions of educational interpreters.
Hoover High School San Diego, CA